The National Roofing Contractors Association (NRCA) is a non-profit trade organization that upholds the highest standards for roofing professionals. It is a well-respected institution in the construction industry and it has been a leading authority for roofing information, education, advocacy and technology.
4U Roofing, one of the top roofing contractors in the area, lists some of the benefits of hiring an NRCA member. We also share some tips on how you can ensure you’re working with a qualified and reliable contractor.
Benefits of Working With an NRCA Member
If you’re looking for contractors to handle your roofing project, you should consider hiring an NRCA member. Below are just some of the advantages of hiring an NRCA contractor:
- You can be sure they’re a legitimate business as NRCA requires its members to have a permanent place of business, a telephone number and tax identification number.
- NRCA members are expected to exhibit professionalism, quality workmanship and financial stability. They should also be able to provide customer references.
- NRCA members provide detailed written proposals, which include start and completion dates, payment procedures, descriptions of the work, etc.
- NRCA members adhere to the regulations by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration.
- NRCA members present proof of liability coverage and workers’ compensation insurance coverage for every roofing job they handle.
- NRCA members offer information and options for customers to increase energy efficiency.
Tips on Prequalifying Roofers
You can avoid dealing with unprofessional roofers by following these guidelines:
- Find out if the contractor is a member of any local, state, regional, or national roofing association.
- Check for any complaints filed against the contractor on Better Business Bureau.
- Verify the contractor’s place of business, telephone number and tax identification number.
- Ask to see copies of the contractor’s liability insurance coverage and workers’ compensation certificates. Also, make sure the coverages are still in effect throughout the duration of your project.
- Ensure the contractor has a proven track record. Don’t hesitate to ask for client references or a list of completed projects.
- Have a discussion about the contractor’s procedures and ask to meet with the person who will be in charge of the job.
4U Roofing is a proud member of the NRCA. We offer a range of roofing services such as roof repair and replacement. Call us at (251) 929-9577 or fill out our contact form to request a quote.