For most people, the GAF Lifetime Roofing System looks just like any other premium roofing system. But underneath is a roofing system that is designed to protect your home from the elements. In today’s post, local roof replacement company 4U Roofing shares a look at what makes up a GAF Lifetime Roofing System.
1. Leak Barrier — The roof edge is vulnerable to damage caused by high winds and wind-driven rain, as it is the first thing that gets hit by high winds and updrafts. This is why GAF has designed a leak barrier that protects these vulnerable areas. The leak barrier is an adhesive-backed strip that is installed on the roof deck directly, before all other parts are installed. GAF’s leak barriers are also installed on breaks in the roofing plane, such as valleys, dormers, and chimney stacks.
2. Starter Strip Shingles — The starter strip is the first row of shingles and is installed at the roof’s edge. Being at one of the most vulnerable parts of a residential roofing system, it needs to be reinforced. GAF has improved upon traditional starter strips, by manufacturing it as a single roll of the same material as asphalt shingles (even the colors match), adhered as a single piece across the roof’s edge.
3. Roof Deck Protection — GAF took standard roofing felts to the next level with their roof deck protection products. It features breathability and water resistance that ensures dryness for your roof deck, even if moisture somehow makes its way under. GAF also offers options such as the fiberglass-reinforced Shingle?Mate® and the fire-resistant VersaShield®.
4. Lifetime Shingles — GAF offers a wide selection of asphalt shingle options, from standard three-tab shingles to Timberline® and Designer premium asphalt shingles. When installed by a GAF Master Elite® contractor, these products are eligible for coverage by their industry-leading warranties.
5. Cobra® Attic Ventilation — Sloped roofing systems require ventilation to prevent damage caused by trapped heat and humidity. GAF’s Cobra attic ventilation is designed to work with the rest of the Lifetime Roofing System and has options that will work with virtually any roofing configuration.
4U Roofing is your leading provider of storm damage roof repair and other roofing services. Give us a call at (251) 235-2222. You can also fill out our contact form to schedule an appointment.