Asphalt shingles are a type of roof shingle that uses asphalt best for superior waterproofing. They help protect your household from the outside elements. There are many roofing materials, but asphalt shingles are among the most popular roofing options today.
With the help of professional roofers, you can secure high-quality asphalt shingles for your roofs. Without their expertise, your roof might not be able to solidly safeguard your loved ones and belongings.
Roof expert 4U Roofing will help you understand asphalt shingles better. Here are 10 fast facts about the material:
- Asphalt shingles started seeing use in the early 1900s.
- About 80% of residential roofs across North America use asphalt shingles.
- It is an affordable roofing material therefore it is easy to install and low maintenance.
- For roofing contractors, asphalt shingles are also called composition shingles.
- They are known for their durability with a good fire rating and excellent resistance to different weather conditions.
- They are made from a fiberglass base mat coated in composition asphalt materials, adding more strength and better waterproofing properties.
- You can have them recycled to make new roads once they reach 30 years.
- This material comes in either three-tab or thicker architectural shingles while other asphalt roofs come in multiple layers.
- They are ideal for high slopes.
- They have the same appearance as authentic wood shakes or natural slate with different colors and styles for added curb appeal.
If your asphalt shingles need a repair, 4U Roofing is your fast but thorough roof repair specialist. Our roofers are GAF Certified who can determine needed roof repairs, and actively answer one-time or recurring maintenance requests with professionalism.
4U Roofing will help you extend the life of your roof with professional roof repair and roof replacement. Fill out our online form or call us directly at (251) 235-2222.